Mutec MC-2 comes basically as an AES/EBU distribution amplifier. Additonally AES/EBU ID interfaces are available to offer conversions between both interface standards. Using latest PLL and conversion techniques, MC-2 processes digital audio signals aligned to AES3 and AES3 ID and reference sync signals aligned to AES11 and AES11 ID including all usual clock rates from 32kHz to 192kHz. Each interface standard offers one input whereas AES/EBU can be distributed to 6 outputs and AES/EBU ID to 2 outputs.
Various operation modes enable the use of MC-2 in a wide range of applications. An input reference signal will be distributed to all outputs simultaneously. In this process, a conversion between the AES/EBU and the AES/EBU ID interfaces will be done automatically.
- AES/EBU and AES/EBU ID reference signal distribution.
- AES/EBU and AES/EBU ID digital audio signal distribution.
- Reference signal and digital audio signal refreshing.
- Signal conversion between AES/EBU and AES/EBU ID.
- AES3 to AES11 conversion.
- Clock rate indication of AES/EBU and AES/EBU ID signals.
- Line extension for e.g. theater or broadcast installations.
- Output expansion for e.g. MUTEC's iCLOCK, iCLOCKdp, iD, iDdp,
- MC-3, MC-3.1 and MC-3.2 and other clock generators.
- Additional product information
- AES/EBU and AES/EBU ID interfaces in one box.
- Supports all audio-related clock rates between 32kHz and 192kHz.
- All interfaces meet the specifications of the according AES + AES ID standards.
- Signal improvement by low-jitter PLLs.
- Converting from AES3 to AES11.
- Detects and monitors all studio sampling rates between 32kHz and 192kHz.
- Reference pass functionality.
- Input lock detection.
- Simple user interface.
- Built-in international power supply.